Capital Network Solutions, Inc Sacramento

XenServer Installation

Now that you read all the blogs regarding Citrix XenServer and have decided that this is the best option for your Virtualization of your Windows Servers it just comes down to installing.

Your in luck I am now going to show exactly how to do that using a Step-by-Step video of the install, now there is no audio so I will outline the steps of the video here.

This particular install is making use of SAN technology using a HP MSA 1000 and boot to SAN architechure using the following components:


So lets get to the steps:

  1. Enabling the QLogic HBA to see the LUN "Logical Unit Number" using Ctrl+Q
  2. Entering the Bios of the HP server to enable the Intel(R) Virtualization Technology using F9
  3. XenServer Mini Setup Wizard
  4. I selected the 58gig LUN for the XenServer Primary Disk
  5. Notice that I do not select any Partitions for the XenServer Virtual Machine storage
  6. I used the SAN Shared Storage so that we may use the XenMotion feature
  7. I installed optional Linux Tools from the Second CD
  8. After this install I used the XenCenter to connect to the XenServer and enter my XE Enterprise License Key

The Capital Network Solution's (CNS) Virualization team is composed of: Dave Murphy, Mike Knight, Troy Baker, and Eric Rossberg.

: